Almost everybody wants to get the best smile; thus, it is crucial to choose the right whitening shade. Having your teeth too white may give the impression of artificiality. If your teeth aren’t even white enough, you won’t notice any major difference or reap any benefits of whiter teeth. Selecting the right shade of white is greatly important since selecting a shade more suited to your skin tone and previous tone would give you the most natural look. With our best teeth whitening experts’ professional experience, they can guide and show you the best color suited for you.
If you are thinking about teeth whitening but have not settled on the shade to choose, continue reading this article to learn how to select the right shade for you.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Whitening kits for teeth are usually found in your local grocery stores. However, such kits are not always very effective. When used, you would also have very little control over the shade of white your teeth reach. Moreover, there is the possibility of something going wrong as some people may react badly to certain ingredients in the whitening solution.
Instead of taking such risks, why not have your teeth professionally whitened by the best teeth whitening clinic in Dubai? When having your teeth professionally whitened, you get to select your choice of a specific shade of white for your teeth. Having a professional teeth whitening experience also lessens the likelihood of a terrible reaction to the whitening solution. Moreover, there is an even greater chance of your teeth staying whiter for a longer duration of time due to your dentist having access to excellent whitening products.
Having your teeth professionally whitened also entails noticeable results that would last much longer than whitening them at home. Note that it is still crucial to get touch-ups every once in a while.
Choosing the Right Teeth Whitening Shade
Finding the right white would rely on several factors: eye color, hair color, skin tone, or even your personality. Fairer skin tones are recommended to take the whitest shades available whilst those with dark skin tones do not need to push for the lightest shade due to the contrast created by the dark skin tone.
But first, it is important to ask ourselves what shade our teeth are currently in. Interestingly, teeth are not simply described as either white or not white. They can vary in a range of different colors. It should be said that no one standard system exists in the dental field in identifying tooth color. An exact answer also doesn’t exist in how white your teeth can reach since each person’s circumstances are unique; however, a typical reference tool used is a shade guide.
A commonly used shade guide categorizes tooth color into four basic shade ranges:
Within each given range are varying degrees of darkness; consequently, the chart becomes detailed enough for almost anyone to discern their exact tooth color from the guide. In utilizing such a guide, simply identify your current tooth color to the corresponding color found on the chart. This also offers a stepping stone to determine the degree of how white you would want your teeth to be.
If you’re having difficulty in determining your current shade range, do contact our experts at the American Dental Clinic. Our best teeth whitening experts in Dubai will be able to advise you and lead you in selecting the most ideal shade for your teeth.
How white should my teeth be?
When it comes to whitening teeth, there is no one right way. Because of our varying interests, some people may want an instant and dramatic change whilst others would opt for a more subtle or gradual whitening such as observing apparent results from the use of whitening toothpaste or gels. Drastic changes are often seen as artificial especially during the initial days after the treatment, whilst a gradual or subtle change imitates the effects of teeth brushing. Anyone interested in teeth whitening should know that end results would lean on your natural tooth color, the treatment you select, and how difficult your teeth stains are.
A few tips to keep in mind:
- A double or triple shade change can leave a very noticeable difference in anyone’s smile.
- Although teeth whitening may change your tooth color to nine or more shades, most people who have had their teeth whitened see a change between two and seven shades.
- Different methods have different benefits and drawbacks. For instance, laser whitening and other in-office bleaching methods may result in more stunning end results but would cost significantly greater.
Factors to Consider
In selecting a specific shade of white for your teeth, there are several factors to consider. N detail, this may include:
- Visible Stains: Having stains on your teeth is definitely a factor to think about. Dark-colored stains are typically difficult to remove and may stick out after teeth whitening.
- Crowns and fillings: It should be noted that crowns and fillings cannot be lightened. It is advised to have these white from the beginning, but such may not match the new shade. You may consider choosing a shade of white that would blend with your crowns and fillings.
- Whites of your eyes: A general rule is to avoid selecting a shade that is whiter than the white part of your eyes. If you do end up selecting a shade brighter than the whites of your eyes, your teeth may end up looking somewhat unnaturally white. For some people, this may be completely fine if that is what they desire in the first place.
These factors are not always to be strictly followed, but are a good start in guiding you to find the right shade of white for your teeth.
Maintaining teeth whiteness as long as possible
After selecting the shade of white of your choice for your teeth, you would want to maintain the whiteness of your teeth. The following are tips in maintaining the shade of white of your choice:
- Brush regularly: To maintain teeth whiteness, brush your teeth on a day-to-day basis. An electric toothbrush is recommended in removing stains better.
- Flossing teeth: Flossing can help remove the excess food debris that brushing alone cannot remove.
- Restrict from consuming foods or drinks that have the potential to stain teeth such as ketchup, marinara sauce, berries, coffee, etc.
- Consume more foods that strengthen and clean the teeth such as yogurt, milk, hard cheeses, carrots, celery, and apples.
- Use straws: When consuming drinks such as coffee or tea which could potentially stain teeth, it is advised to utilize a straw in minimizing discoloration.
In adhering to these tips, it is also important to be in touch with your dentist appointments for the best long-term results. Remember that choosing the right shade is still a subjective and personal process; so, it is still up to you about the choice you make at the end of the day.
Get whiter teeth today
At the American Dental Clinic, we offer the best teeth whitening services done by our dentists which can leave your teeth noticeably whiter and brighter. Contact our experts today to learn more about our teeth whitening services and what’s best for your teeth.
Leave a Reply