The best way for parent to prevent tooth decay in children is to get them to brush their teeth daily and practice proper oral care, this is what the best a pediatric dentist in Dubai will give a parent.
Bruising teeth is not at the top of the list of a child’s favourite things to do, but parent should make their children enthusiastic about daily dental hygiene by making it fun and enjoyable. Here are some tips to help parents get started.
- Earlier the better – some parent wait till children are 3 -4 years old to introduce oral care,. Infants can be introduced to oral care as well by gently cleaning the infants gums and newly erupted teeth with a soft wet cloth.
- Gently brush – once the teeth have fully erupted, use a baby tooth brush with soft bristles to brush the teeth, a dab of mild tooth paste could be used.
- Teach the child proper techniques – once the child is about 2 you can teach the child the proper brushing techniques with no more than a pea-sized amount of toothpaste. Show them how it’s done. As they will want to brush their teeth alone once they are older.
- Daily routine – Establish a daily routine to brush teeth, especially after meals in the morning and at bedtime. These rituals once stilled in a child it will be a habit that is practiced well into adulthood as well.
- Rinse well – teach your child the importance of rinsing the mouth after brushing and spitting the water out.
- Wean a child from the bottle – Never let your child to sleep with a pacifier or bottle filled with milk. When teeth are frequently exposed to sugar-containing fluids such as breast milk and formula for long periods, the potential for decay increases dramatically.
- Limit sugar intake – children love sugar such as sweets and chocolate. Make sure to ask your child to brush their teeth as soon as they have sweets and limit the intake of sugary snacks per day.
- Mum and baby should eat healthy food – A baby’s primary teeth begin forming before birth, therefore to ensure proper dental development, the mother’s diet must be adequate in all nutrients, especially calcium, phosphorous, and protein. Therefore, once the baby is born and eating solids a proper balanced is important for development.
- Regular dental visits – Make sure your child see a good dentist in Dubai around the time of his/her first birthday and then regularly thereafter. The dental clinic in Dubai will teach you how to prevent oral disease, check for cavities in your child and also make it a priority for regular dental visits.
- Dental anxiety – make sure the visit to the dentist is fun and not a ordeal your child has to go through, never show any nervousness and encourage your child to discuss his or her fears about visiting a dentists.
- 越早越好 – 一些父母等到孩子3-4岁才开始介绍口腔护理。也可以通过用软湿布轻柔清洁婴儿的牙龈和新长出的牙齿向婴儿介绍口腔护理
- 轻柔刷牙 – 一旦牙齿完全长出，使用有柔软刷毛的婴儿牙刷刷牙，可以使用少量柔和的牙膏。
- 教孩子适当的技巧– 一旦孩子大约2岁了，您可以用豌豆大小数量的牙膏教孩子适当的刷牙技巧。向他们显示它如何完成。一旦他们长大，他们将想要独自刷牙。
- 每日例行程序 – 建立每日例行程序刷牙，特别是在早晨饭后和睡前。一旦这些惯例在孩子那里固定，它将成为一直实践到成年的习惯。
- 好好漱口 – 教孩子刷牙后漱口和吐出水的重要性。
- 让孩子从瓶子断奶 – 永远不要让孩子含着奶嘴或充满牛奶的瓶子睡觉。当牙齿频繁暴露于含糖的流体，比如母乳或配方奶很长时间时，蛀牙的潜力显著增长。
- 限制糖摄入 – 孩子喜欢糖，比如甜点或巧克力。确保孩子一吃甜点时就要他们刷牙，并且限制每天含糖零食的摄入。
- 妈妈和婴儿应当吃健康食物– 婴儿的主要牙齿在出生前就开始形成，因此，要确保适当的牙发育，妈妈的饮食必须在所有营养物方面充足，特别是钙、磷和蛋白质。因此，一旦婴儿出生并且吃固体食物，适当的平衡对于发展很重要
- 定期访问牙科医生 – 确保您的孩子在其第一个生日左右看迪拜最好的牙医，之后定期。迪拜的牙科诊所讲教您如何防止口腔疾病，检查您孩子的蛀牙，并且使定期访问牙医成为优先。
- 牙科焦虑– 确保访问牙医是有趣的，而非您的孩子必须经历的考验，永远不要显示任何紧张，鼓励您的孩子讨论其关于访问牙医的恐惧。